Wednesday 2 December 2015

Quick, Easy & Affordable Makeup Tutorial

It's December! I can officially get very excited about Christmas without people telling me it's too early! Happy December to everyone who is excited as me.
Here i will be showing you how to create a glamorous makeup look using affordable products. Its SO easy to do. Lets get started!


First of all, you will need:





I start with a clean face and apply moisturizer before I begin.
My skin is very uneven at the moment and breaks out several times a month, so I like to apply a full coverage foundation before I start highlighting and contouring. This isn't necessary for everyone. I use my Beauty Blender to apply my Rimmel wake me up foundation to my entire face. To ensure a perfect application make sure you damped your beauty blender before using it. I apply the foundation right to the blender and it takes one pump of foundation or less to cover my face.
Next the contouring. I use a Contour Brush from Real Techniques with my sleek contour kit. This bronzer is the best I've found for contouring. It only has a very slight shimmer and it is not orange at all. This helps it create shadows on your face rather than sparkly or tanned spots. I've tried other brands that are less expensive and they are all orange or have a load of shimmer, which im not a huge fan of.
I use the bronzer to make an angled line right under my cheekbones all the way back to my ears. This is where the shadows naturally fall so I'm just enhancing them with the bronzer. I use the brush to blend the line so that it is still there, but looks natural. Blend down toward your jawline- not up toward your eye.
I then apply a little bronzer to my jawline and up around the edge of my face toward my forehead. It ends up making a capital 'E' around the edge of my face with the bottom line being my jawline, the middle line going along my cheekbone and the top line curving up on my forehead. The key is to really blend in the lines so that they don't look like lines, but so that there is still definition there. This takes some practice. I've had years of art and painting experience so blending is second nature to me, but if you aren't careful you could end up with just flat bronzer over half of your face. Be sure to keep that E shape! Next, do the other side of your face.
And now for the nose. I've never liked my nose, But contouring it really helps. I use a small brush and the same bronzer for this. Carefully I draw two lines down each side of my nose. This lines need to be straight and I then connect them at the bottom by angling both lines into a point.
Concealer... I apply it liberally under my eyes, down the center line of my nose, up between my eyebrows and part of my forehead, and onto my chin.  Then I use my finger and/or my beauty blender to start blending. I blend the concealer under my eye quite a ways down my cheeks. For my nose I'll blend the bronzer down the size of my nose better and make the concealer line blend in with it. The idea of contouring it is to make what would in in light appear brighter and what would be in the shadows appear darker. So you are shading and highlighting more defined cheekbones and a straighter and thinner nose.

After I blend it all in , I use a powder to set it all. And that is it. You are ready for blush, eyebrows and eye makeup. My favourite blush is "style" from Mac, I apply it with a big blush brush to the apples of my cheeks.  Sometimes if I am going out I'll also use a highlighter, for this look i used a baked highlighter from MakeupAcademy. I apply this everywhere i applied the concealer for an all over glow.
For the eyes:

As my transition shade i used a Kiko eyeshadow (No140) all over the lid, this adds a nice subtle shimmer to the lid. Using a angled shadow brush i marked out the double wing with another kiko eyeshadow in No116. To draw the top wing i followed the crease of my eye and continued the line up and out of the corner of my eye. The second wing was done as normal, leaving a gap between both of them. To intensify the lines i used a white eyeliner from MakeupAcademy (Avaliable at superdrug) and smudged the line to make it softer. Using the same angled brush i go over both wings with the eyeshadow to make the colours more intense and to soften the edges i use a clean fluffy brust to blend.
Along the bottom lash line i used the Kiko 116 shadow with Mac Fix+ and lined the lower lash line and waterline to bring all the colours together.
And, There you have it!



No comments:

Post a Comment