Tuesday 10 November 2015

Autumn Inspired Copper Eye & Nude Lip

image
This look is subconsciously a result of the appearance of Autumn. The clocks have changed, it's dark at 4pm now, and the weather is decidedly cooler. These copper and brown tones are are a reflection on Autumn. I love these colours and I can see myself wearing looks like this in the upcoming weeks. Although warm tones suit my eye colour, I think on my fair skin they can look very dramatic. Still love 'em though, and I hope you do to.
Product list;
Skin:
Foundation - Mac Mineralize moisture foundation in NW25
Concealer - Collection lasting perfection concealer in No1, fair
Powder - Studio sculpt defining powder, Medium plus by Mac
Bronzer - Bronzing powder in Matte Bronze by Mac
Highlighter - Mineralize skinfinish Lightscapade by Mac
Eyebrows:
Brow pencil - Soap & glory 2 in 1 brow pencil in blonde
Brow gel - Loreal Paris brow artist plumper in light/medium
Eyes:
Eyeshadows - Kid, Rule, Antiqued, Sable & Coppering, Vanilla pigment
Eyeliner - Collection extreme 24 hour felt tip liner in black
False lashes - Eylure lashes No141 (exaggerate collection)
Lips:
Lipliner - Essence Lipliner in No11, In the nude
Lipstick - Taupe lipstick (Mac)
Continue reading below for the full face tutorial;
image
When you apply foundation to your entire face, you've created a blank canvas, so you have to go back and add in the dimensions. Remember in Art classes at school how you used darker shading to push an area away and lighter shades to pull an area towards you? That's all we are doing here! Contouring creates the illusion of a stronger jawline, more chiselled cheek bones and a slimmer face. The easiest way to do this is to draw an E shape on each side of your face to contour. Anyone can do that right? I used a powder bronzer for this look, but a cream bronzer is usually the best product for this. 
Steps;
After you have applied your foundation all over your face, it's time to contour, (before powder) dip your brush into your bronzer to load it up. Swirl the brush on the back of your hand to take away some product so it's not too intense. Start at the middle of the top of your hairline and begin the letter E by tracing along the perimeter down to your temple. Suck in your cheeks slightly to see exactly where your cheekbones are and continue the letter E by sweeping the brush from your temple to just underneath your cheekbone (to hollow it out). Go back along the underside of your cheekbone to the ear and then down your jawline. I also like to fill in the neck so everything blends in nicely. Repeat on the other side.
Now to highlight! Swirl off any remainder bronzer onto a tissue or the back of your hand and use the same (or different brush. It's up to you) and fill up with the highlighter. I like to highlight the majority of my face, so anywhere the light hits my face I apply it. Tops of the cheeks, bridge and tip of the nose, brow bone, temples and a tiny amount on the chin. The highlighter will bring forward those areas and make them stand out. To set everything in place I then use a large fluffy powder brush and apply my powder to my T-Zone, chin and jawline. 
Brows, I won't go into detail on because everyone has their preferred look. (Check out my previous blog post on a step by step how to guide to perfect eyebrows!).
For the eyes, apply Quarry eyeshadow all over the lid and blend it through and slightly above the crease of the eye. Make sure you blend out any harsh edges when apply each colour. Using a tapered blending brush, buff  Rule and Woodwinked into the crease. Make sure you don't blend the shadows too high up your lid, the focus for this look is the lower lash line. Apply your favourite black eyeliner to the outer corner of the eye are create a wing. Easy. For the lower lash line use Coppering eyeshadow on a s,all tapered blending brush and apply along the whole lower lashes. (Build up layers of colour to increase the colour payoff and intensify the look). Use a small angled brush to apply Vanilla pigment on the brow bone and in the inner corner of your eye. Add some lashes, and the eyes are complete. 
Last but not least, use a nude Lipliner to line your lips. I like to slightly over line my top lip (it barely exists) and thoroughly apply your Taupe lipstick. To add a bit more dimension to my lips I like to dab a small amount of Vanilla pigment onto the centre of the top and bottom lip for a more glamorous look. 
VOILĂ€!!  I hope you enjoyed this tutorial.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment