Friday 20 November 2015

The Power Of Makeup





Hello everybody, today I am very excited about this post. I have seen so many Youtube videos about this topic. So today I am going to be doing a blog edition. The Power of Makeup is the topic I selected. Its safe to say that I have absolutely zero confidence when it comes to wearing no makeup. Makeup is my mask, which i use to hide behind, to hide from my spots, redness and scarring. Hopefully having this makeup less picture of me on the internet will help me learn to love my imperfections!! (maybe... probably not)
The Foundation that i am currently using, (MAC mineralize foundation in NW25)  is a medium to light coverage. I like coverage for my redness, but I don’t want to look plastic.
Concealer! To hide those under eye bags and scarring i have on my cheeks, And to cover up that i may or may not have stayed up until 2:30 in the morning watching Youtube videos.
The concealer i have used for years and absolutely love is the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer. I have shade 2 to cover my blemishes, and shade 1 to highlight under my eyes to brighten those dark circles.
For powder I am currently using Mac Studio Sculpt Defining powder in Medium Plus, which matches my foundation shade perfectly. To set my under eye concealer i use Collection Translucent Powder on a small fluffy brush.
Contouring and Blush. To define my face and bring out my natural blushed cheeks. I use a Sleek contour and highlight palette, and mac 'Style' blush, which is a peach/coral colour. When you’re really pale (yours truly) you need a little help bringing out your natural colour, so i find this mac blush perfect for that.
For my brows i mix and match a few different light brown eyeshadows. Because my hair is such a mix of  different colours its hard to decide what colour my eyebrows should actually be! (my hair is currently lilac) I ALWAYS use a brow gel to set them in place, cus' aint nobody got time for eyebrows sliding off your face?!
In the picture above, for my eyes i used Blue Brown pigment from Mac, which is a new purchase (i am obsessed with it!) and Kid eyeshadow, also from mac to blend it into my crease. Vanilla Pigment on the inner corner and brow bone with Tanya Burr lashes in Date Night to finish the look.
Lips, i always overline them. without fail! My top lip is basically none existent, so i need all the help i can get! I used Stripdown lipliner from mac
and Doubleshot lipstick, mac also. which provides a luscious pout!


I hope you enjoyed this post, and that my makeup free face didnt terrify you too much

XX

No comments:

Post a Comment