Thursday 26 November 2015

Kiko Haul & First Impressions



Kiko FINALLY has a store at my local shopping centre, I was so excited when it opened today and went to pay a visit. I wasn’t hugely impressed with the store-a little garish, weird smell and odd layout of products but I was impressed by the price tags of the products.

I have been on the hunt for some different coloured eyeliners recently so I picked up all sixteen of the colours that they have to offer. All of them have a shimmer that runs through the colour so I knew that they may not have the best colour payoff when worn on the waterline. However, the website does say that this can be used on the inner and outer eye so I would expect it to live up to these claims!
Unfortunately this is where the good points end. I have tried these in every way that you can try an eyeliner... waterline, tight lined, lash line-upper and lower, and it sucks at all of them. It does not show up at all on the waterline at all and the hard nib drags across the lash line so much that it becomes sore and just looks like a mess. Whilst the colours are pretty I have found these to be completely unwearable. Luckily the products were "buy 3 get 3 free" so i dont feel like i have wasted a stupid amount of money. Although they arent wearable for everyday im sure i will be able to find a use for them!

I also picked up three of their eyeshadows. At £2.90 each i wasnt expecting much, but the colour payoff is actually pretty impressive. They are nicely pigmented and give intense color payoff over primer aswell. What i love the most about these shadows is that they're very buildable and lovely to blend. Great value for money!
I hope you enjoyed this post!
XX


No comments:

Post a Comment