Tuesday 17 November 2015

My Evening Skincare Routine



Today I thought I would talk about my evening skincare routine, one i’m particularly happy with and has had massive changes on the overall look of my skin. Everyone’s skin is different, but personally, these items work really well for me as I’m actively trying to reduce the amount of blemishes I get as well as clearing up my spots and redness.If I’ve been wearing makeup throughout the day, the first step in my evening skincare is to remove the masses using micellar water of some kind. I’m working my way through the different options that the UK ‘Drug Stores’ offer, so far I’ve tried L’oreal’s, Garnier’s & Simple’s offerings. My favourite has been Garnier's, but personally i feel that they all do the same thing.




Once the mask has been removed i use my Ultrabland cleanser from lush. 
Ultrabland is a lot like a cream; you simply apply it to your face in the evenings, massaging gently, and then remove it with either a cotton pad and micellar water, or a dry flannel. I will admit, the smell isn't necessarily the most appealing. It also feels very lightly exfoliating as it's applied, which was a pleasant surprise. I will admit, I was a little concerned about Ultrabland when I first started using it. it leaves a fairly heavy residue on your skin, even when wiped off (although I will do use a different cleanser to afterwards to remove the oily feeling), but it hasn't caused a breakout on my relatively sensitive and acne-prone skin, so far, so I think it really would be fine for all skin types. My skin also feels much softer in the morning after I've used Ultrabland, and I've actually had quite a few compliments on my skin since having incorporated it into my routine!




To remove the oily residue left over from the Ultrabland i like to use this NAOBAY calming face toner on a cotton pad. 
This toner helps remove any make up from the face that I may have missed, I particularly like using this product around my hair line because i ALWAYS manage to miss bits of makeup there. I feel comfortable applying this toner all over my face because it isnt scented, which wont irritate the eye area and is generally a very gentle product. it doesn't leave the skin looking greasy either, which is a bonus for me. Instead you just get a very clean and refreshed feeling.



I know this product is meant to be used as a base, but i like to use it before applying my repair serum. (APPARENTLY this product is meant to repair damage done by toxins around us or inside us) I just apply it all over my face and wait for it to soak into my skin. I havent been using this product long enough to really explain much about it, so if it really makes a difference to my skin i will do a more in depth review!




Lastly i use Clinique's custom-repair serum all over my face and neck, and once again allow to soak into the skin completely before jumping into bed!

I hope you enjoyed this post!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment